On the first day of “calendar” spring, after more than a decade of writing about the spring waiting game in Rangeley, Rooted In Rangeley made its debut on WRGY 90.5 FM Community Radio. And, after a lifetime of loathing the sound of my own voice, I finally started to enjoy the telling part of storytelling. It didn’t hurt, of course, that it was a balmy 64 degrees after the Dark Winter of COVID, and I was riding down Route 16 with the truck windows down, returning from an Oquossoc picnic by the Magalloway.
Here, for your listening pleasure, are the posts edited for audio on WRGY 90.5 FM (wrgy.org).
- 9/11 tribute: Let’s never forget (First aired September 9, 2021)
- Staying past September (First aired September 8, 2021)
- Real Rangeley bathing suit support (First aired July 5, 2021)
- Daddy’s grown-up girl (First aired June 15, 2021)
- The Signature of summer in Rangeley (First aired May 25, 2021)
- Mother’s Day memories (First aired May 5, 2021)
- Hoppin’ down the muddy trail (First aired April 18, 2021)
- April Fools’ amnesty (First aired April 1, 2021)
- Out like a lamb-eating Yeti (First aired March 20, 2021)